Commemorative Lecture by The Second Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Laureates
Tuesday, JUNE 4th , 2013 14:30～
The 2nd Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Laureates — Dr. Peter Piot of Belgium and Dr. Alex Godwin Coutinho of Uganda — will deliver Hideyo Noguchi commemorative addresses at United Nations University Headquarters in Tokyo on 4 June 2013 at 14:30.
For more information, please visit United Nations University website.
- What is the "Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize"?
- Greetings from Dr. Kiyoshi KUROKAWA, chairperson of the Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Committee
- Japanese Government Internet TV - Hideyo Noguchi Afirca Prize
Who is Dr. Hideyo Noguchi?
"I shall not return to my native home if I do not achieve my objective."
This is the phrase Dr. Hideyo Noguchi inscribed on the pillar of his parents’ home when he decided to come up to Tokyo.
Seisaku Noguchi (Dr. Noguchi’s childhood name) who got his left hand burned seriously at the age of 1 got to know medical wonderfulness, after undergoing Dr. Kanae Watanabe's operation at the age of 15, and he aspired after the professional medical career.
A young man Seisaku who changed his name in “ Hiedyo “ at the age of 21 " was supported by many people, came to play active role in the world, and left many results.
His great efforts and courage dedication to medical studies are the origin of Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize.
- Commemorative Lecture by The Second Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Laureates / Tuesday, JUNE 4th , 2013
- Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Newsletter No.9 issued
HIDEYO NOGUCHI AFRICA PRIZE
The Presentation Ceremony of the First Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize was held on 28th May 2008. The Prize marks the 80th anniversary of Dr. Hideyo Noguchi's death.
The donation fund was established to finance the award money that is contributed primarily by the Government of Japan. The donation fund is also open to the public for donation and contribution.
- MAKE A DONATION
- Appeal for Donation for the "Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize"
- Member List of "Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize"Donation Committee(Under Construction)