Last update: June 9, 2023
Using the content on the Cabinet Office homepage
1) Source citation
- a. The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
- (Examples of source citation)
Source: the Cabinet Office home page (URL of the relevant page)
Source: XX Survey (the Cabinet Office) (URL of the relevant page) (accessed on year/month/day)
- b. If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation, but not in any way that making public or using edited information in a format that may be misconstrued as having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies).
- (Example of citation when using edited content)
Created by editing the XX Report (the Cabinet Office) (URL of the relevant page)
Created by Company YY based on XX Survey (the Cabinet Office) (URL of the relevant page)
2) No infringement of third party rights
a. In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
b. If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
c. The user must comply with the terms and conditions of the source provider for information on external websites linked from this homepage and Content obtained through API (Application Programming Interface) links to external databases etc.
d. Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
3) Governing law and jurisdiction
a. Symbol mark, Logo, and Character Design which represent the organization or specific business.
a. The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
b. The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
Other rule shall apply to the following Content. Please refer to the relevant links below for details.
- Use of Logo of the Cabinet Office (Japanese version only)
- Use of the Logo for Gender Equality (Japanese version only)
- Use of the Image of the Poster for Gender Equality Week (Japanese version only)
- Use of the Logo For Elimination of Violence against Women (Japanese version only)
- Use of the Cartoon of the Campaign for Eliminating Violence against Women (Japanese version only)
- Use of the Logo for Work-life Balance (Japanese version only)
- Use of the “Rico-chan”,the Image Character for the Action “Rikou- Challenge” (Japanese version only)
- Logo of the Economic and Social Research Institute (in Japanese)
- Use of Logo of the Comprehensive Support System for children and child-rearing (Japanese version only)
- Use of Logo of the KACHAPYON (Japanese version only)
- Use of Logo of the Policy on Cohesive Society (Japanese version only)
- Use of the “Public Relations Office, Government of Japan” (Japanese version only)
- Use of the “Japanese Government Internet TV”
- Use of public opinion surveys (Japanese version only)
- Use of the “Information about Public Interest Corporations” (Japanese version only)
Please feel free to link to the Cabinet Office website. However, any link from those sites which slander or defame the Cabinet Office website is prohibited. Frame links or links in any other form that would make it unclear that the content is provided by the Cabinet Office is also prohibited. If you wish to link to the Cabinet Office website, please send an email to the Policy Evaluation and Public Relations Division to inform us of the URL of the site to which the link will be made.
The Cabinet Office takes reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of information available on the website. However, the Office makes no guarantees and assumes no responsibility for consequences, including damages, arising out of or in connection with the use of any information published on this site.
The following is our mission:
More people can obtain the latest information from the “Cabinet Office website” easily, whenever or wherever they like.
The Cabinet Office will work to make its website easily accessible, which allows the elderly and people with disabilities to use the information and services provided on the site without any difficulties. For that purpose, the site will aim to conform to the guidelines stipulated in JIS X8341-3 (“Guidelines for older persons and persons with disabilities - information and communications equipment, software and services - Part 3: Web content”), which is provided by the Japanese Standards Association.
Cabinet Office Website completed to apply always-on TLS encryption (supports over TLS1.2) for ensuring secure browsing to site visitors on Nov. 29, 2018. Accordingly, our website address has been changed to a URL beginning with "https://". For more information, please check the following link.
To read or print PDF files on this website, Adobe Acrobat Reader or other viewer software is required.
If you don't have viewer software, please install Adobe Acrobat Reader from its download page.
Please understand in advance that the content of this website is subject to change or removal without notice.
Policy Evaluation and Public Relations Division, Cabinet Office
Nagatacho 1-6-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8914, Japan